New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have an update on Blackburn's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I tried all of their numbers and their email this morning. Nothing. Have they ceased operations?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I contated them not too long ago looking for a few answers about magnum mauser floor metal. But that has probably been about a month or so.

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several calls into them, left messages, but no response. They still have an answering machine, so my guess they are still in business, or I hope so, but I am concerned.

Anybody live close to them.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have contacted them by e-mail before and it took about three weeks to get a reply. Maybe they are the same with there phone messages.

Posts: 49 | Location: California | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
I purchased bottom metal from them last month and it was in my hands within a week of initially contacting them just like it always is.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The site is back up.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally got through and spoke with Ted today. His daughter had an operation a few weeks ago and being the good family man that he is he spent quite a bit of time with her, which put him a bit behind. He assured me that things are getting back to normal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
can someone point me to their website, having a time finding it.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CNC Speciatly Products,
formerly Blackburn Machine has produced a large quanity of triggers for the 98 Mauser.

There are many functional parts on a rifle that are as important as the trigger, but none more so. The best sights and the most accurate barrel are next to useless if the trigger has a creepy, uneven letoff.

Blackburn triggers are totaly machined. They have no stamped or cast parts. Our housings are milled from aircraft quality aluminum or steel.

Blackburn single stage triggers are made for the most discerning riflemen. The recommended weight adjustment is from 2 to 4 lbs.

Phone 435-623-1388
Email: cncspecialty@netzero.com

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
P.O. Box 369 / 50 East 100 North
Levan, UT 84639
Phone: 801-691-8152
Email: maggie@cncspecialtyproducts.com
http://cncspecialtyproducts.com/

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first post on this thread was in 2006. Since then I have visited Ted's shop on a number of occasions, and in fact, was there today to pick up a couple of triggers.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
that link isnt working today...

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Link still is not working. Rats.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Let me guess what they tell on the phone if you're "lucky" enough to get an answer: "It will be about two weeks." Which translated means a year or so; maybe more. No thanks.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have triggers in stock. I can ship COD so you get product when you pay.
Thank You
Maggie

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Can you fix the problem with the link to your website please ? It would be handy to view what you produce ,on-line, before committing to buy.

Those of us not resident in the USA arent very likely to make an international phonecall when you have, or at least had, a website

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Maggie:

I have been waiting for my Blackburn trigger for almost two years, and still do not have it, even though you have $30.00 on account from me.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris

I don't seem to remember Blackburn triggers being $30, or at least not for the past 8-10 years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
Let me guess what they tell on the phone if you're "lucky" enough to get an answer: "It will be about two weeks." Which translated means a year or so; maybe more. No thanks.

bull

I was there. I saw the triggers. they have them in stock. If you call now you might get a few. If you wait until the entire run is sold out then you might have to wait a year to get more. Ted doesn't make triggers or guards one at a time. He makes runs of things.
so if you order a trigger and he doesn't have any, then you have to wait until the next run.

for those that would like to see a photo of what they look like, here is what one looks like installed with blackburn bottom metal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear 22WRF:

The $30.00 on account was for a WSM follower that I returned to Mr. Blackburn two years ago, and left the monies on account for a Blackburn trigger.

Facts kinda get in the way of supposition don't you think?

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And another thing, WTF are you doing sticking your damn nose in this? The transaction between Chris and Blackburn had nothing to do with you! Your endless politicking for Blackburn is sickening. Why don't you take a day off???

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MKane

With all due respect, Last time I looked this was a free speech forum, both for you and for me. Because of the nature of this board, nothing is ever about "facts", but rather about perception.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
MKane

With all due respect, Last time I looked this was a free speech forum, both for you and for me. Because of the nature of this board, nothing is ever about "facts", but rather about perception.

Spoken like a true lawyer. Exactly what is it about the "nature" of this board that always makes facts irrelevent?

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry but we do not have a website at this time. If you would like pictures please ask.
Maggie

It strikes me as very funny that people cam make accusations on the internet and not identify themselves, Are they cowards? As far as trigger pulls are concerned some of the statements have been rediculis. I spent four years on the USMC rifle team and shot in compitition for many years after that. In compition the trigger must pick up four pounds or more. Any knowlagable shooter outthere knows that two pounds is a very light trigger. anyone who wants to discuss this can call me at 435-623-1388.
Thank You
Ted Blackburn

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
22WRF
Thank you for all your support.
Maggie

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,
Not throwing any stones here but just correcting what you posted regarding competition trigger pulls. The requirement for Service Rifle across the course is and has been 4.5 lbs. minimum. That is the heaviest trigger pull you will find in any of the rifle sports I am familiar with. Match Rifle XTC does not have a minimum specification, only to be safe if I remember correctly. Any of the rimfire, sillhouette, Longe Range, or US Palma do not have a minimum pull specified. International Palma used to, but I believe that rule has been recinded.

"two pounds is a very light trigger" I hate when blanket statements like that are made. Two pounds is not that light, especially regarding a target or varmint rifle. Even on a big game rifle, two pounds would be acceptable especially if gloves are not worn and depending on the game hunted.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
MKane

No, this forum is private property subject to the rules/whims/preferences of the owner and his designees. Quit wearing out the free speech mantra.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suppose that I just don't know just what the hell the point is butI have used at least 1/2 dozen sets of bottom metal and always received them as promptly as we needed them. Love the product and if they make triggers then I am in the market for one for my 458wm pre64 mod 70

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are right about the 4.5 pull on big bore competion rifles. I was not refering to anything but regular hunting rifles.
Thank you for the correction.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I just had an email from CNC and found out that they do not manufacture triggers for the mod 70!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gzig5

I didn't say facts were "irrelevant". Rather, I said that this board is more about perception than it is fact. I said that because there is no fact finder, and there are no rules for cross examination, etc.

Maggie:

You are welcome!!

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Well - since we seem to have contact with the manufacturers via this forum - in spite of the bickering - could I ask for a price list and some pictures to be posted ?

I am sure it would be of interest to more folk than just myself.

Thanks in advance.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey 22WRF, Great looking barreled action! How about a few details.

BTW, I don't think you said one damn thing that was out of line on this thread.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry

That is not my barreled action. Just something I found on the internet to show a Blackburn trigger sitting in Blackburn bottom metal. I chose that photo because it clearly shows the window where you can see the sear engagement.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BLACKBURN STYLE GUARD BOW
WINCHESTER M-70
Standard depth boxes hold four cartridges
Extra deep boxed hold five cartridges

Model Description:
1 Pre-64 M-70, 30/06 length standard depth
1X Pre-64 M-70, 30/06 length extra deep
2 Pre-64 M-70, .375 length standard depth
2X Pre-64 M-70, .375 length extra deep
3 New M-70, standard depth
3X New M-70, extra deep
4 New M-70, .416 Rem. standard depth
4X New M-70, .416 Rem. extra deep
7 New M-70, Short Action

MAUSER

Standard depth boxes hold four cartridges
Extra deep boxes hold five cartridges

Model Description:
9 Mauser, standard
9X Mauser, standard extra deep
10 Mexican Mauser
11 Peruvian Mauser
12 Mauser, M-24
14 Mauser, .416 Remington
14X Mauser, .416 Remington extra deep
17 Mauser, Short Magnum (7mm Mag. to .458 Mag.)
17X Mauser, Short Magnum extra deep
(7mm Mag. to .458 Mag. )
18 Mauser, .375 H&H Mag.
18X Mauser, .375 H&H Mag. extra deep
19 Kurtz Mauser

ORBERNDORF STYLE GUARD BOW
SMALL ORBERNDORF GUARD BOW
Boxes hold four cartridges

Model Description:
20 Kurtz Mauser for Winchester Short Magnum
22 Mauser standard length
23 Kurtz Mauser
24 Peruvian Mauser
26 Mauser Short Magnum
29 Mauser, .416 Remington Magnum

LARGE ORBERNDORF GUARD BOW

All are drop box style and are recommender for
magnum size actions only.

Model Description:
60 Long Magnum .300 H&H (holds five rounds)
62 .416 Rigby (holds four rounds)
64 .500 Jefferys (holds three rounds)
66 .505 Gibbs (holds three rounds)

FINISH OPTIONS

Stage 1
Machined and Contoured

Stage 2
Machined, Contoured and Polished

For prices and questions please call Ted or Maggie at 435-623-1388

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terry

That is not my barreled action. Just something I found on the internet to show a Blackburn trigger sitting in Blackburn bottom metal. I chose that photo because it clearly shows the window where you can see the sear engagement.

That is my barreled action. I posted the details on it a while back. The work was done by Ed Lapour. With regard to the trigger, it does not have the original Blackburn finger piece, rather it was removed and a recontoured Mauser piece was welded in place.

Forrest

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lovebug,

Do you still manufacture the number 5 bottom metal and mag box for Winchesters?

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chisana:
quote:
Terry

That is my barreled action. I posted the details on it a while back. The work was done by Ed Lapour. With regard to the trigger, it does not have the original Blackburn finger piece, rather it was removed and a recontoured Mauser piece was welded in place.

Forrest

Very Nice. Has the rifle made any progress since the picture was taken? It looks like it's going to be a very nice when finished.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:

Very Nice. Has the rifle made any progress since the picture was taken? It looks like it's going to be a very nice when finished.

Terry

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to get along any further on this rifle. I have a couple of nice blanks ready, but just have not committed the time to talking with a stock maker and setting aside the funds. I keep meaning to give Duane a call or stop by his shop when I am in Washington, but have not managed to do so yet. I don't want to let too many more moose seasons pass without getting this rifle finished.

Forrest

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred