New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sauer 202 components
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just posted on the American Big Game forum my tale of woe, about my Sauer 202 Takedown stock being cracked through the wrist during the return flight from my recent hunting trip.

I am wondering if anyone here would have a lead on a dealer who might be able to help me get a new buttstock for my rifle, as well as possibly some other Sauer 202 components, I would buy several barrels if I could get them, as well as some extra magazines. Also if anybody has knowledge of any responsibility the airline might have in regard to your gear, I would appreciate that intel.

Thanks--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don - There was a guy selling several 202 bits including a stock on the New Zealand trading site www.trademe.co.nz, they didn't sell first time round, but I don't know the current status. If you would like me to assist PM me and I'll do whatever I can, as buying from overseas can be a bit of a mission!!

Cheers - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jackson Armory in Dallas is a Sauer dealer. I had them order the combo tools for me for my 202.
3416 Rosedale
Dallas, TX 75205
Phone: 214-363-2767
Fax: 214-363-0930

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Don,

Sorry to hear of your mess.

If it helps I know a gunsmith that used to work for Sauer and has done custom stocking on 202's since he went out on his own. If you don't want a custom buttstock he might still have connections at Sauer to help get a match.

Email me if you'd like his contact info.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the leads. I'll follow up with ya'll and the contact you provided Mike.

I appreciate it guys--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote