Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako sight hood
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know where I can buy a new front sight hood for a Finnbear?

Posts: 1 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 03 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too...I need one for a Forester...???

Posts: 25 | Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, those little buggers can sure get away. I need three of them, if anyone has any luck locating a source. As far as I know, they are identical no matter what action, caliber, or date of manufacture (at least all of mine are).

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
stonecreek, you have a p.m.

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the Sako's I've owned (mannlichers) made before 1996 had standard Williams sights on them. You can find the hoods in the Brownell's catalog for about $5.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jagdgwp
Good luck. I can't find one either. While the Mannlicher stocked guns use Williams front ramps, your rifle does not. Try my solution. Torch, melt silver solder, remove ramp, reblue.
Dan

Posts: 39 | Location: Cedartown, Ga, CSA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 hoods. One off an L46 and the other off an L579. What are they worth?

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote