New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz three leaf sight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The 200yd and 300yd sight leaves on my cz 550 safari .375H&H don't appear any higher than the 100yd leaf. I thought this would be the case to compensate for additional bullet drop. Is this normal? Also, my rifle's magazine holds 6 rounds. I thought capacity was five. Again, normal?

Posts: 141 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Citori3---

The sight blades haven't yet been filed into zero. That's your job to do with your load. [Smile]

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
use your scope to get your load dev done, then file the sights... for a 2500fps gun, the 200 WONT be much higher than the 100yard sights

jeffe

Posts: 39671 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
citori3 The ZKK's that I have measured from Manufacture in 1965 through 1991, were the same sight, slightly rougher as the years progressed, but the step highth was + .019 for 200 over the standing and + .021 for the 300 over the 200 leaf.
Variation plus or minus 1/2 thousandth of an inch.
All 25 or maybe 30 were .375 H & H. Somewhere in the 70's they were no longer 7 in the magazine. An 8 X 68 and a .358 Norma had different "steps" between, But 2 .458's were virtually the same as the .375's . Curious until you dig out a Hornaday loading manual, look up the ballistics drop tables and do the math. The 6 shot mag box might be the result of factory assembly using a box intended for a fatter ctg. If after removing the firing pin assembly to check feeding from a full magazine as might be done in a military fire fight a few dozen times and you get occasional failures you then might be advised to check with CZ to see if a 6 shooter is a new thing.

Posts: 199 | Location: Kalispell MT. | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote