New
Find
Notify
Tools

ECHO side mount
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got this 98 Mauser with an Echo side mount single split rings that don't come apart and are together as a unit so how would you get the scope centered between the rings ,would you have to disassemble the scope then rebuild it in the rings or am I missing something , the mount is high quality quick disconnect from the base

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are correct. The rings were made for original '40s - '50s Weaver and Lyman scopes with no objective bell. You either slide the front of the scope into the rings or remove the occular bell and slide the rear of the scope into it.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kurt so what you are saying is there really is no way to center the turrets between the rings with out taking the scope all apart , I have even considered calling weaver to see if they would do this and then repurge the scope with nitrogen , the mounts really fit the look of this old sporter would hate to change them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It was designed for the Weaver K-2.5 and K-3, just unscrew the ocular piece and slide it in.

Echo also made a split-ring top half for the K-4 and larger scopes. Sometimes they turn up on E-Bay. Here is an example

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote