New
Find
Notify
Tools

torque wrench
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used the wheeler torque wrench? Is it really worth the money? I thought about trying to find a quarter inch drive ratchet to use. I'd like to know your thoughts on the wheeler wrench and any other ideas you guys may have.

Posts: 168 | Location: Thomaston GA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I bought the Wheeler on sale from Midway and find it to be a good tool and has most of the drivers needed for the guns I have.It repeats easily and I think will be a valued tool. I am satisfied with it. I have a 1/4" ratchet and all the screwdrivers but also have a BAD habit of overtightening everything. Hopefully this will keep down the stripped and twisted off screws.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Wheeler Fat Wrench and find it very usefull. It's big advantage is that it works like a screwdriver. A conventional torque wrench is not very usefull for most gun work.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote