Find
Notify
Tools

Savage problems 112BVss part 2
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
FrownerEvery once in a while the first stage of my accutrigger jams solid. If I open the bolt and close it hard it works. This happens once or twice in 40 rounds. After reading the previous thrad I realize the causes may be related. Has anyone got an idea how to affectively test for it? Should it not be that ,WHAT? bewilderedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
<xs headspace>
posted
Your trigger is set too light, or not enough sear engagement. When the trigger trips, without the lever being depressed, the sear locks up. That is a safety feature. It's working like it 'sposed to, mon.

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Roger, I ranted and fussed about my LawyerTrigger for a long time. I've finally learned the trick of operating it, usually without letting it off as a dud click, but it's a very unnatural thing. You must keep your finger entirely off of the trigger until that cursed little lever in the center is fully depressed. And occasionally it will drop itself when the bolt's closed, due to being set so light. (The safety lever takes far more effort to depress than the trigger does. Most of the "trigger pull" is the safety lever pull, long and creepy, and the trigger trips when it's touched.) Yeah, I can adjust it, but I never have. Got to take it out of the stock to do it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
cheersThanks guys thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote