THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Feasable to convert from magazine to something else?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feasable to convert from magazine to something else?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Tikka LSA 55 in a McMillan stock. The gun fits me and shoots well. However, I have never liked the magazine. It is very cumberson and I do not fully trust it.

Can I convert it to a floorplate similiar to Remingtons? This would be my first choice. I know it would be a lot of work to make a floorplate, magazine box with feed lips, spring and follower. Though some modification of off the shelf parts would be possible, such as with the original M40A1 floorplate.

Or how about a tactical magazine setup, such as HS Precision? Would that be easier?

What price range would I be in?

Posts: 167 | Location: Eastern Shore of MD | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote