New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single set for 700
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Remington 700KS with a trigger that is rough as a cob. I would like to replace this trigger with a single set trigger. Anyone know of a source for the Canjar og Jaegar? Stoney

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy who had a Kepplinger (atleast he said it was a Kepplinger) single set trigger on a 700 this weekend. Appeared to be a nice trigger, aside from the fact that he had it adjusted improperly.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found the Kepplinger single set trigger at Brownell. The catologue says the trigger will not fit model 700 equipped with ISS safety. Anyone know what the ISS safety is? Thanks, Stoney

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that ISS safety is that little lock they put in the bolt shroud of the new remington rifles.

All my remingtons have been the old style without the new lock.

They're putting those things on all the new Remignton guns now. They take these little green metal "j" hook keys.

If necessary you can buy bolt shrouds at Midway or probably Brownells without the new safety.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by LorenS:
quote:

They're putting those things on all the new Remignton guns now. They take these little green metal "j" hook keys.

The local Remington dealer has quite a few without the J-lock. I asked him about that and he told me that Remington has now discontinued them on current production rifles. Go figure.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The firing pins, main springs, and cocking pieces on ISS (“J†lock) are quite a bit longer than the standard ones. If you want to replace the lock you have to replace those as well as the shroud. You can buy the complete units preassembled from Brownell’s and several other places.

The last Remington 700 receivers I bought came from Remington without J-Locks but with a separate trigger guard lock in the box.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. It looks like the single set will work for my 10 year old 700KS. I'll talk to my smith about installation details. Stoney

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington 700 in 300 WIN MAG that I would like to replace the stock trigger with a Kepplinger single set or any other manufacturer that is recommended. Any suggestions?