posted

<Kimmo E>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kimmo E

quote:
wrong address
True, since Clymer doesn't list specs/dimensions for the 218 Ackley Bee OR the 218 Mashburn Bee.

<DuaneinND>
posted
JGS has a print of the mashburn- print #0613
514-267-4331 or jgstools@harborside.com

www.duanesguns.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks DuaneinND, however;

quote:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.harborside.com.I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<gstools@harborside.com>: Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

Something is telling me to NOT mess with a 218 Bee variant. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sys - I believe I have this data complete with case drawing in my Accuload program.

If you'll email me with an email address I'll make you jpgs of this and send it to you.

p45

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sys, I contemplated having my #1 rechambered to either Mashburn or Ackley. I talked to C.P. Donelly (Siskiyou Barrelworks) about it. One thing he told me was the only correct way to rechamber one was with the barrel removed. I guess it can be done differently, but he wouldn't do it any other way FWIW. Anyway, the rifle shoots so well as it is I think I will leave well enough alone.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pecos45, TNX, but I got both prints from a local friend and gunsmith.

Craigster� I have chatted w/ Mike Bellm about this. Since he is acknowledged as being "pretty damned good" on/with his chambering activities� his recommendation is "just the barrel" 1) because he surrendered his FFL and two, I agree.

Now all that's needed is for me to get of my butt and make the decision between the Ackley (he has reamer) and the Mashburn (he doesn't but would grind if I insisited)

A p.m from a poster in Oz notes that setting the barrel back wasn't necessary on HIS R#1, but I think I'd leave that up to Mr/ Bellm, given his obvious qualifications. Either way, I can remove the barrel and send it on, when the time comes.