New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richards Microfit Gunstocks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ive been trying in vain for the last 3 days to get in contact with this company all Im getting is a answer machine,and Ive had no reply to emails sent over three weeks ago.

Does anyone know what the deal is?

Im getting excedling frustrated with them, but I really like the look of their "thumb hole target stock"

Does anyone have a definative contact for them, or can I get what I want from someone else.

If anyone just happens to live close to there I could PM you my order and slip it under their front door for me would be AWSOME!!!

Thanks heaps in advance

Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just received a letter from them in regards to a quote i requested back in 2007. they claim that their office staff was recently turned over and everything is in disarray and they are trying to make it right now. for what it is worth

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Elk Creek stocks on the web, they sell the exact same stock and even use some of the same pics. I have ordered stocks from both and they are exactly the same.

Posts: 161 | Location: houma louisiana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max(hm2):
I just received a letter from them in regards to a quote i requested back in 2007. they claim that their office staff was recently turned over and everything is in disarray and they are trying to make it right now. for what it is worth

Yea, I got a similar letter, but the letter to me showed an amount owing. However, I already received the stock, and paid for it too. I don't intend to respond. Something went amuck in the office, while someone wasn't paying enough atteniton to business.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,
interesting what you have said, I have just emailed Elk Stocks, they state on their website that they are not taking orders as yet because they are too busy, Thats honest for ya!

We shall wait and see what happens.

Thanks for replys
Runas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is bad news for me, I have a mauser 96 aa claro walnut stock on order with richards now, looks like I better start makeing some phone calls.

Posts: 161 | Location: houma louisiana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
from what i understand they have operated like this for years.but i got a stock from them last year and it turned out nice.

posted Hide Post
i ordered a semi fancy stock for a rem 700 sa from them in the later part of june 07 finnaly got the stock march of 08 i kept having to call like every 10 min. for 2 hours straight before i finally got a hold of some one this was every time i tried to contact them and got the same story about the office staff every time the stock is decent got them to throw in the decelarator butt pad for free for the trouble

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try http://www.northwoodgunstock.com I got a stock from them earlier this year. Good service and the stock was first rate.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RUNAS:
Hi Guys,
interesting what you have said, I have just emailed Elk Stocks, they state on their website that they are not taking orders as yet because they are too busy, Thats honest for ya!

We shall wait and see what happens.

Thanks for replys
Runas

Elk Creek Stocks are based here where I live..

They are strictly a dealer for Richard's Micro Fit, that is why they are the same stocks...they do have some custom options available, but other wise they are the same...

Boyd's has some dealers, their largest one is out of Arizona... they have some good prices and also are a stocking dealer...

I have done both some of their and some of Richards Stocks.. both are pretty darn decent value...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's best to speak spanish when you call them.. I ordered an XX fancy stock from the & got a plain walnut stock. They billed my credit card twice. In the end I just sent the stock back & had the credit card company reverse both the charges.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't dealt with them in 7-8 years, but back then they were very prompt and curtious, I always got the same gentleman when I called, owner I believe, and everthing went smooth, usually had my stock in hand in a couple weeks. Looks like things have changed for the worse.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i ordered a exhibition walnut one from richards last feb. that was supposed to arrive in june, finally got it in oct. calls, emails etc went unanswered

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a AAA maple stock in August was told at the time it would be ready early December. 6 weeks ago was told stock will ship within 2 weeks last week was told stock will ship within next 2 weeks. I would like to know if I will ever get the stock.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a stock last March. Finally got a hold of someone there when the message ask for an extension number, I just started dialing in numbers until the phone started to ring and someone picked up. They must not pay any attention to the main phone line. Not a very good way to conduct business.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't get a Richards stock. The inletting is lousy and you need a chainsaw to remove the excess wood. I have one. It came out just gorgeous after many, many hours of handwork, but my gunsmith told me to never, ever bring him another else he would refuse the job. There are many other alternatives. Seek and ye shall find...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lived in Los Angeles for 20 years and went to richards several times. Its in the worst part of San Fernando. The place is a sawdust nightmare one misplaced butt and boom. The place is managed like the saw dust stuff everywhere. Total disarry. My stock guy said the same don't ever bring one in. I just wonder how he stays in business. My recommendation go some place else. Lew

Posts: 168 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 15 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you do order one be ready for a 12 to 14 month wait.they told me the computer screwed up and they got some new people

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I got a Safari Classic style (inletted for a M48 mauser action) Total time from order till receipt was about 10 weeks. Confused

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same subject, different company,

Anyone out there heard of Wenig stocks?

www.wenig.com

Coments?
Oh yeah, I have heard back from Richards VERY brief reply to emails, one reply was only one word! thumbNice

Regards Runas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
deans gun restoration uses them for garands. he speaks highly of them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a cheapo classic Savage 110 stock a couple years back and it was about 8 - 10 weeks as they said due to a couple requests for listed options.

Wenig offers stuff like on-site cut and fit it now services for screaming waving raving lusting hard core shotgunners who need good mechanical alignment immediately. I have been interested in one of their straight line thumbhole stocks and I may have one made up for one of my other 110's.

Posts: 146 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 14 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for Don't Buy A Richards Microfit!

At least don't buy one and expect me to install it.

A customer brought one in to be fitted to an "03-A3 Springfield recently (waited 12 weeks, showed me the receipt.) I can't figure out how the blind guy that runs the duplicator keeps from cutting off his fingers.

The top doesn't line up with the bottom.
There isn't enough wood left around the tang to fit the A3.
Same goes for the trigger guard.

Never again.

BV

Posts: 82 | Location: SW FL | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
Don't get a Richards stock. The inletting is lousy and you need a chainsaw to remove the excess wood. I have one. It came out just gorgeous after many, many hours of handwork, but my gunsmith told me to never, ever bring him another else he would refuse the job. There are many other alternatives. Seek and ye shall find...

Same story with me. I bought a stock for a 98 Mauser that was probably 85% inletted with a huge excess of wood on it. Thanks...Bill.

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I prefer excess wood, the problem I have is often they remove wood that I can't put back. I just don't use them any more or any others for the most part.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just received stock for my CZ last night. Ordered in September. very nice wood AAA maple. but it will take a lot of work to finish.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote