Find
Notify
Tools

Red Pachmayr Recoil Pads
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted
I called Pachmayr (800-423-9704)and spoke with them about making them in red. They seemed somewhat receptive. Maybe if the received several inquiries, they might take this seriously. I would probably replace all of mine. The red just look right.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to use quite a few of the old English in red but I don't see them listed in Brownell's catalog anymore.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Longbob,
I will absolutely pester them if that is what it takes. Maybe put on a diguise for the different phone calls? Hope this works.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Longbob, you're a man after my own heart, as usual!

RED is the traditional (there's that word again!), proper color for a classic recoil pad. Pachmayr has not offered red versions of the "Old English" or "Presentation" pads for several years now, and they've never offerd the "Decelerator" pad in red. Time for that to change, I say!

I used up my last horded red Pachmayr Old English pad for a custom .338 that's in the works and nearly finished, and I'd like a few more of them.

AD

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Chic,

I told them that I would order 100 of them right now as a consumer if they would make a special run. I wouldn't have any trouble getting my money back. At first she didn't seem like she believed me. I asked her if she wanted my credit card number. She said "You're serious, aren't you." I told her that I would venture to say that they might see that 25% of the pad they have outstanding would be replaced with the red ones. What a great way to artifically increase your sales!

Allen,

How can you still say that I'm a man after your own heart after all of the complaints I've lodged against you. [Wink] By following your advice, you have caused me to spend more money on equiptment than I have ever imagined. Of course, I have some really good stuff now. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two extra .6" red Old English 'White Line' Pachmayr recoil pads available...

20 bucks for the set shipped.

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
DeBee,

I'll take em!

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
DeBee,

I just sent you a private message. Please e-mail me your address. longbob1@earthlink.net

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just sent an email to Pachmayr. There is a link below if you would like to do it also. I am going to follow it up with a phone call on Tuesday.

http://www.pachmayr.com/pachmayr/index.htm

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Chic,

I appreciate you doing that. Your opinion will carry more weight with them than most. Hopefully we can generate an onslaught of calls and e-mails that will impress them into action. It can't be that hard of a decision for them. What difference does it make to them wheither they are black or red. It does, however, matter to us.

<HBH>
posted
I'd love to see this work!

I have called them at least 4 times in the last several months attempting to encourage them to produce the Old English, black base again. I have spoken with several different people, I didn't feel as though I was getting anywhere.

I will call friday again.

Anyone looking to sell 1" Red, Old English, black base in Medium, you have found a buyer.

I'm just about ready to find a way to color them, just haven't found the right color crayon.

Many Thanks

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just curious, in the #54 Brownells they list an Old English pad in red. In fact, I was going to order one soon. Is that a miprint?

Todd

I guess I will call Brownells tomorrow and find out. I'll call Pachmayr too.

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Todd,

You must be talking about the catalog. Their website shows the pad and in the picture it appears to be red. However, all of the order codes list either black or brown. If you can still get it in red, let us know!!!

<HBH>
posted
The current catalog is #55, I had called (Brownells)about what was in #54 sometime back and they did not have any Red.

I just got off the phone with Brownells, but this time I encouraged them to look into having Pachmayr make a run of Red just for them. I think with the volume of business Brownells does perhaps Pachmayr would listen. If enough of us hammer Brownells we may get something done.

Many Thanks
HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
[ I will e-mail Pachmayr and give them a call also but I think the idea of hammering Brownell's with phone call's for red would do more good. They have a lot of clout. You would have to talk to the tech department I believe.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just emailed Pachmayr about the red pads.

Now will everyone please email jeff@grafs.com and tell them we want 9.3x62 Mauser ammo from Hornady? They did this with the metric rifle calibers a while back and said they are considering adding the 9.3x62 Mauser. Thanks, Okie John.

<HBH>
posted
Has anyone use the red pads from NECG ?

They Emailed me a photo, and they look much like the Old English, black base, red. Lee at NECG claims them to be much like a decelerator.

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
HBH,

I will post in a few days and let you know about the London Gun pad that Brownell's sells. Is that the same as the NECG?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
Todd,

I do know the London Guns pad, but this pad looks different, and it is not the same pad, based on pictures alone. This pad from NECG has a leather type finish, much like the Od English, and has slits for screw head, rather than plugs, and it black based. However I am told that the base = 3/8" on this pad,where the Old English base = 1/4". I was told yesterday that they are softer than Silvers or London Guns, which are harder than I would like for the applications I require.

I'm going to try and spreak with Mark at NECG today, I'll know more then.

Many Thanks

HBH

[ 09-04-2002, 18:18: Message edited by: HBH ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
H,

I am installing the LG pad on a light recoiling rifle (7x57) mainly to increase LOP. And because I like the look of a red pad with dark walnut stock. I have one big boomer, and two in the works, that I would like to put red pads on, but fear that you may be right - the solid rubber ones are a little stiff. Right now my 416 has a Pachmayr D550 internally vented / ribbed face pad, great for recoil but not looking quite right in my opinion.

I should have my LG pad tomorrow, and will post my impression of it -- including a comparison w/ the decelerator. In fact, if the holes happen to line up, maybe I'll mount it on my 416 and compare them directly.

Todd

<HBH>
posted
Todd,

I think you will happy with the London Guns pad on the 7 x 57. I have two of the pads from NECG,coming so I will better idea on them soon. In speaking with Mark Cromwell(NECG)yesterday, I ask him to measure the black base and he found it to be .300 not 3/8" . The Pachmayrs are .200 not 1/4" if my quickly taken measurements are correct.

By the way I think pad replacement to be darn tuff to get perfect, Chic amoung others have given great guides and I still can mess it up.

Many Thanks

HBH

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Several have said that they will call and/or e-mail Pachmayr, Brownells, etc.... I'm curious if they have given any type of response positive or negative. My only repsonse was with the phone call and she seemed a little surprised by the interest.

<HBH>
posted
Longbob,

I could not really tell for certain, but I just kinda think it falls on deaf ears. They have told me at Brownells that they will pass the request on.

Today I received the pads from NECG, and I think they will work for me, they are soft, (for lack of a better word)and I would compare them to a Decelerator in this reguard, and look much like a Old English. When I get home I will be able to compare them side by side.

Many Thanks

HBH

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
HBH,

Could you post pictures of the pads or give me a link? Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Longbob,
I received a response from them in the negative. I alluded that you had heard that they may make them in the future. Here is the response.

"Unfortunately you're aquaintance heard false information. There are no plans
to make the red recoil pads again.
Thank You"

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Chic,

What the lady at Pachmayr said was that they would consider them. She seemed relatively surprised that I was willing to buy 100 of them on the spot as a consumer. Frankly, I am surprised that they are acting like they would never consider them. Why? Companies that don't take consumer feedback, handicap themselves needlessly. Oh well. Thank you for putting pressure on them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Received the London Guns pad today.

Generously sized, for a small pad. Not rock solid, in fact relatively squishy. I would compare it to the D550 decelerator, material-wise; the 550 will soften recoil more, because its a)thicker, and b) not solid.

Unfortunately the holes don't line up exactly with my 416 stock, so I won't be mounting it to do a direct comparison (plus I would have to either file it flat or inlet the nib at the top). [Frown]

I think it will look quite nice -- if you want a traditional look, it would work well.

Todd

one of us
posted Hide Post
The response I got from Pachmayr was sorry we only make pad's in black and brown. To bad old August wasn't still living. He could build a action with not much more than a file.

<HBH>
posted
Longbob,

I have Emailed you what NECG had sent me, I dont know how to put photos in the forum.

HBH

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Thanks HBH. I got them and they look great. I wonder how well they stay attached with the big kickers? If they are fine, I'll forget Pachmayr. No need to piss up a rope.

<HBH>
posted
Longbob,

Mine will be put on in the conventional manner, so I think they will be fine. I had ask Mark how the pads cut and he said fine, and that they held up well so I just thought I would have a look at them. The price was good also $24.95

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Longbob,
I am not done. I expect I have run up against a lower level person who handles questions and he or she just fired off a salvo to someone in marketing.

I am going to send another and may try to find my way a bit higher up the food chain. I will explain that the market is ripe for them to do this and I will be buying Silvers pads and forego the 30 or 40 decelerators a year ( an exageration) until they wise up. If that happens to be forever, I will live with Silvers pads and they can live without that portion of their income, however feeble it is.

If nothing else, we can get together and take over the plant long enough to build ourselves a lifetime supply. You take the front door and I will guard the water cooler. HBH can actually make all the stuff.

Chic

<HBH>
posted
Chic,

Yeah, that would work, I'm the guy looking for a crayon to color the black ones.

Here is just how stupid I am. Remember back in the spring you helped me with determining LOP for my daughter's stock? Well anyway, I was talking on the phone one day with D'Arcy and the subject of red pads came up (I needed one for the daughters rifle) and I think he mentioned using something with an interchangable pad to help determine LOP for rifles ordered at shows, kind of a try gun type affair, and that maybe the pads came in red. Somehow that flew right over my head, because these are the pads from NECG. I gotta learn to pay more attention, when you guys tell me something.

Many Thanks

HBH