New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computor still bogging down on this site-
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
By the third or fourth page it stalls.Won't go anywhere.
Have to close out and run some other sites,I have IE-5,
and can run other sites just fine.Frustrating to say the least and when I do get to big bore forum it is filled
with crap.Are there any fixes for me so I can get on,
and navigate? Guns, big bores and wildcatting is my only
vocation, and this site is part of the hobby, but it sure
seems like a put upon to me, when you figure in the crap.

Like beating my head against the wall as I spent 7 years beating the wall in trying to raise money(with memberships) to get a Shooting Sports TV network going, but never could or never could get the bigshots or
a group who had money to do it either.And those who put in life memberships to try to get network going, I felt needed reimbursment, so I sold what I have and am paying them back.Even though we got in 2 months of satellite programing.All that grief is like what is happening on here.Frustrating. What is wrong with this site?Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed, I think its the amount of bandwidth taken up by the folks downloading videos from the main page. When they shut the videos off for a few days, the site was super fast.

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Isn't front page hosted at a different server??I never go through front page to get here.But I am a puter dummy, so
what do I know...I know on my country phone line that I timed out trying to download anything bigger than a picture.
Not even music.It is crazy.When I bog down, by the time
I get back on some posters have answered a half dozen posts while I was gone.Some from overseas even!!!Ed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same sort of trouble out here. I don't have a high speed DSL or cable hookup, but this site was a lot faster before the format was changed. I can use a computer OK, but I'm sure not very sharp when it comes to the why this and why that stuff.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. I can be cruising around no problem, then all of a sudden I click one topic and it will literally take minutes to finish loading. when this happens I usually move on to something else or just let it sit. trust me, it will eventually get done, and then you can just wow yourself by the times it shows at the bottom for rendering the page. It is a bit annoying.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have trouble with this forum. It wont load ,or the web site not responding page comes up. It also freezes up my computer and mouse and I have to unplug it to shut it down and reboot. Very frustrating , It sucks...

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GSP--Yes if I did't hit the stop, get out and close window
it would lock mine up also.I learned when to get out before that happens.Then I run other sites, check mail and hope it will work on this site when I come back.Ed.

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It took 47 seconds to load this page. Next time I can click on a thread with a load of photos and it will load in a half a second.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree, I am also a dial up connection and this site, only this site, is quite a problem. I truly enjoy the different forums here and hope that the problem can be resolved at some point.
Pat

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem also. It seems to do better if I use the Back button to navigate the site rather than the drop-down list at the bottom of the page.

Posts: 152 | Location: West Central Missouri | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is definately something gumming up the works. I access it with a T-1 most of the time. It can become impossibly slow. Other sites are working fine.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am on a cable modem, and this site alternates between very fast and down, every few minutes.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stromberg
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It is a bit annoying.

This issue is the AR Archilles Heel. :-( Should be solved.

We also need a graemlins upgrade. My suggestion:

Regards,
Stromberg

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since the site was redone, its slower even on my broadband connect.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The AR web site is unuseable at least 1/2 of the time because of freeze ups and "site not Responding"

You would think "they" would fix it . I would think they are looseing 1/2 of their sites viewers and posters. I would visit this site more if I could access it...

AR web site just Does Not Work right.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I would visit this site more if I could access it...

I agree! I find myself getting tee`d off at the site and going elsewhere quite often lately.
1/2 the time it won`t let me on and the other half it locks up after I read a thread or two and won`t let me back in.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe-- I think forum is losing member interest due to the
hookup and slowdown problems.The only ones who seem to
be getting along are the troublemakers.It is so bad
that I can only pay attention to 3-4 forums out of the whole bunch and then maybe 3-4 pages in a row, before it bogs.They need to do something.Ed

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
According to DGR, who took some time to PM in response to a post I'd made about the forum slowdown, the problem's in the software. I'm as computer illiterate as they come, so I didn't understand what he was saying, something about tcp's and sockets and kernels and stuff, but, the gist of it is, this version of InfoPoop can't handle the volume of requests that we generate here at AR.

I'm on a T1 here at work, so, I have about three different windows open all the time, and can just hop to some other forum when I see a 300 second response time is imminent. At my home, out in the boonies, my poor 28K modem just times out when I try to come here.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
hubel,

I agree totally. My interest has diminished greatly. It has taken me weeks to convince Don that there actually is a problem with the site. The impression that I get is that since he doesn't experience any slowness, then it didn't exist. He then thought that it was probably my computer, internet provider, or the area of the country that I am from. I think the poll that showed that 75% of the respondents have a problem with slowness really opened his eyes.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good gravy--This version of Info-poop can't handle
400 to 600 people at a time!!!!Ebay has over a million people on at times..Hope they get it changed.Ed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well guys, I have the Comcast cable and it is super fast on every other site other than this one and over at AR15.com. If I was on dial up I'm sure I would time out
I would think DonG is trying to figure this out but these things take time I'm sure. The other side to this is the fact of the amount of traffic this site gets, I have found that early mornings seems to be much faster than in the middle of the day. I do hope it gets resolved soon

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just at ar-15.com (still having problems) and came back here see things are still at a snails pace. Well it's off to the next site.........see ya in a few weeks...hope things work out.

Posts: 147 | Location: SW Wash | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just bypass the Front Page, link directly to the Forum page. I have tried this for some time, puter not dragging its feet anymore. I am on a 28.8 dial-up also.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Bill

Posts: 70 | Location: Sw of Dodge City | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have always went right to forum.Ist few pages work fine
the it slows and I go away, come back later,usually get back on, same thing again.I say usually, cause sometimes with
the initial try to get to index page it bogs.So I come back later.Ed.