New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope bases what are they???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got these in a box of stuff if you know what they fit and can use them let me know I will pass them on.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The bottom one say 721 right on it, so my guess is a 721 Remington.

The top one? I don't know what it fits but it ain't much. If it where mine, I'd throw it in the scrap box.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Would a Remington 721 have such a small front receiver ring, or is it meant to touch just at the sides?

Whatever they are for, the top base seems to have a similarly small radius.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The bottom looks like a Carl Buehler base.

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The bottom base looks like an old Redfield one-piece. They often stamped the model # on it. Likely a Rem 721. The radii on these is different as the rear receiver is flatter than the front. The top I have no clue.

Posts: 3779 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The two bottom are definatly old Redfields. I have a number of those bases..If a base is marked 721 you can bet its a Rem mod. 721, but perhaps some have been modified, but I doubt that. Back in the day they shimmed and modified bases in order to center the cross hairs in the focal plane, so they centered when sighted in..some used shims and others used weld, paper match stick covers or whatever worked. those bases work with Leupold and Redfield rings and some others...

When dealing with old bases and rings, better install them to know if they work, a lot can happen when they are around that long, and idiots fix things. some with old guns that have been drilled and tapped for who knows what by some carpenter or mechanic, mabye a real estate saleman! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42149 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe there are only 2 bases pictured, top and bottom of each one.

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Top one looks like it's for a pistol or maybe a 22lr.

On a related note, does anyone supply those rear adjustment/hold down screws loose? I looked everywhere and can't find anyone that does.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,
Are you referring to the windage screws for the Redfield base in question?

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42149 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote