New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR-15 in .308?
 Login/Join

<OTTO>
posted
Who makes the AR-15 style rifle in .308? I know about Armalite but there must be someone else.

------------------
From my cold, dead hands!
Thanks Chuck!

<MontanaMarine>
posted
Armalite AR-10 is the only one I have ever heard of. MM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Knight makes the SR-25, I believe they are out of Florida. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
American Spirit Arms makes a line of 308 Ar-15 rifle, and they are alot cheaper than the Armalite or Knights.
http://www.gunkits.com

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eagle Arms offers it as well. Also Eagle Arms is part of Armalite. I believe the only difference is that Eagle Arms can be sold in kits while Armalite cannot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an Eagle Arms AR10 in .308. When I talked to a nice lady at Armalite, she said it is exactly the same receiver as the Armalite brand, but a somewhat lower quality barrels. I have no complaints about the barrel. The EA rifles seem to sell for about $200 to $400 less than the Armalites. They are available as kits only or as complete rifles.

I like mine and took it deer hunting last fall just for fun. The rifle seems to shoot most reasonable loads into 1.25", and my hunting load was nothing special, Hornady bullet, dumped (not measured) H4895, and military brass.

[This message has been edited by Need Just 1 More Gun (edited 04-04-2002).]

Posts: 267 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote