Notify
Tools

Model 8 Remington part needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Hello all,
I picked up a Remington Mod 8, and it is missing the rear sling swivel. I have had several of these in standard grade through the years but none had the swivel. This rifle has the peep sight, and checkering, and what apears to be a shallow inletting in the butt for a sling swivel. Any help in locating one would be greatly apreciated. I have gone The Gun Parts (Numrich)route in the past and would rather skip that option Roll Eyes Thanks in advance and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This outfit has a LOT of parts its. www.jackfirst.com

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I have a nice "C" Grade Model 8 from 1912. I have got assec/parts from ebay mostly.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
van, Thanks for the heads up on the jackfirst site unfortunately no swivels. I still have that walnut in the barn. If you are ever out my way stop by for a visit and a few boards Smiler!! 333_OKH, Sounds like you have a nice one, what caliber is it? Also maybe you can help me with three other questions. I know that these came in 5 grades (above the standard model) but when I purchased this one back in the early 70's it was just listed as a Model 8 "Deluxe" how do you determine what grade you have? Also I can't quite figure out the ser# vs date (as listed in the blue book). My ser# is 548XX with a DU barrel marking in front of the receiver. And last is the box magazine, the book says it is detachable. I have owned several of these and I am embarrassed to say that I still can't figure out how they detach? Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote