THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Rem. 700 Titanium - Rechambering or Rebarreling

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Rem. 700 Titanium - Rechambering or Rebarreling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
the feeding will have to be tinkered with, plus he will only have 2 in the mag with the WSM

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Mark, the 300RSAUM and the WSM are the same case. The WSM being a bit longer. He is already chambered for the Rem. short mag which is the same case as the WSM and has the modified mag box and rails. There should be no problem with the WSM rechamber. I have a new take off 300 RSAUM and I will rechamber it to the WSM before I do anything else to it. I just like the WSM better, just a personal thing.

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Kenati, I'm a BIG fan of Remington products, but history indicates your buddy has a valid concern. A person has to look no farther than the once excellent 5mmRem Rimfire. For some reason they refuse to make a 100,000 piece run and help the folks who are stuck with one. I don't have one, but it still grinds on me.

One thing your buddy could do is buy some Bulk Cases and set them aside for Reloading. If he isn't Reloading now, it is not that big of a deal to get started and most people find it "relaxing" in the beginning.

For example, when I bought my 350RemMag, I got 500 cases for it. I figured if I was able to get 6-8 reloads from them, that would be 3000-4000 shots and the barrel would probably need replacing at that point. But, I have some of those cases that have 10-12 reloads in them now and they are still doing just fine.

A son of a buddy has a 7mmSAUM M7 and he is very happy with it. He does not reload currently, but is also considering getting some cases - just in case(so to speak).

Anyway, here is one more option for your buddy.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
olecrip:

After you do it please post if you are able to get 3 down in the magazine with the WSM. I have never seen a Rem 700 that would do this with a blind magazine, either with factory or aftermarket magazine boxesmga boxes,

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote