New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anodizing aluminium
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know of someone who can replicate the finish on a pre 64 model 70 aluminium floorplate?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent....

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same question. I have an aluminum magazine that requires anodizing. How, where, all help appreciated.

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I paint them with any of the popular gun paint; Duracoat, Cerakote, etc. Looks better than original.

Posts: 17274 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the floorplate finish should look like, but I use Aluminart in Ontario for anodizing electronic parts.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14595 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
When I was doing a bluing service it was acid dye electrodes and a power supply. Any color you wanted. Started with regular dye then found anodizing dye. Both worked.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
When I was doing a bluing service it was acid dye electrodes and a power supply. Any color you wanted. Started with regular dye then found anodizing dye. Both worked.

Yup, this is how you anodize aluminum. I'm sure there are youtube video's on how to do it. Just be aware this isn't type 3 hard anodizing that is commonly used on firearms. It is a soft anodizing.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Most bottom metal is not hard coat anodized; it is just colored. Look at all the scratches on them.

Posts: 17274 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just worried about color not a 50 year life

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote