New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka Whitetail Hunter -scope mounts?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know what is a good mount for the Tikkas? Aren't the rcvrs grooved? Are they dovetailed like the Sakos or just grooved straight? My buddy has a rifle on order and is considering the lightweight one-piece talleys. Thanks in advance...

Posts: 77 | Location: TN | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Try Millets.......This is what I have on my Tikka.

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used Weaver bases, as the Tikka rings weren't available immediately and were fairly expensive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Warne's on one. They are working great.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Whitetail hunters and they all wear the Tikka Optilok ring/base. I tried the millet rings on a 22-250 and found that the screws were constantly backing off. The other problem I found with the millets was they marred the scope. The Optiloks, which are similar to Burris Signature rings, they have a plastic insert which centres and protects the scope from ring damage. The optiloks on my 300wm have held poi for 5 years. Unlike the Burris signature rings I have yet to have the inserts compress causing the scope to slip, like I did with 50 Knight wearing signature zee rings. They are expensive though.

Posts: 96 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the optilocks on my 22-250 Continental and I really like them. They are very well made.They are expensive but so are other quality mounts.

Posts: 62 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. What do opti-locks cost? and where is a good place to buy them?

Any thoughts on the Talley one-piece light weights? Only $35 bucks-wow!

Posts: 77 | Location: TN | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote