THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Who would you have matte blue your rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Chic, sorry bout that, haven't been writing clearly lately, I meant that your recommendation on the one guy would be safe since you have good judgement.

As far as rust versus caustic I don't know, haven't tested any. And don't know if any of my guns are rust blued??? I am going to have one blued by Jim sometime in beginning of the year, but probably will have the project after that rust blued.

I do agree you definitely get what you pay for. I can have my local shop open up my 03a3 from 06 to 06AI for about 50 bucks, but then have to take it back in again because it isn't ejecting properly (the extractor needed tweaking). Oh wait, that already happened! :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dago Red,
My post wasnt directed at you at all.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ShopCartRacing,
Are you saying that a person is getting ripped for paying $150 for what you charge $89.50 for? A bit arrogant on your part in my view. Often a person gets what they pay for. The customary charge for a professional job is $150 and up, more closer to $200. Rust bluing is in the $300 neighborhood.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I guess you are right.
It takes about 20 minutes to bead-blast and another 30 minutes to blue.
All in all it takes no more than an hour's worth of work to have a finished product.
I guess your gunsmith must drive a Mercedes too huh?

-Spencer