Find
Notify
Tools

Have you done business with these guys?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
I am thinking of trying a semi-inlet job from one of these companies. Has anyone done any business with either of them?

Royal Arms Gunstocks

Tanyard Springs Gun Shop

I have a very small budget of $200 shipped for an unfinished semi-inleted stock. I want to get the best figure and quality that will allow me.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont thing you will get a nice piece of wood /semi inlet for $200. Maybe something a tiny bit better than "utility grade"

Be willing to spend $50-$100 more .

You might get some claro with blemishes or crappy inleting for $200 . Just my opinion.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out Richards Microfit.
Pretty much all the wood I have is from them.
Good prices and good wood.

www.rifle-stocks.com

-Spencer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto ShopCartRacing. Richard has the best wood at the most reasonable prices that I have seen, and the guy is honest. I have two pieces of Englis Walnut from him on custon guns that are drop dead beautiful and I paid 300 apiece for them semi-inletted!

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I also have purchased a stock from Richards and was happy. I was just shopping and happened opon these web sights. I purchased this stock on ebay however. Had to spend a little more than I wanted but atleast I saw it before I bought it and it will arrive right away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7129639881&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Couldn't tell ya anything about Royal Arms, but I had a run in with Tanyard a couple of years ago.....I see he's changed his website since I spoke with him last.

He used to be employed by Harry Lawson from what he said, but the part that I didn't care for was that he was using Harry's pictures that had been done back in the 60's for his website, claming that it was his work. I see that this has changed now, but I figure it speaks volumes about one's character.

Just my .02

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote