New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price check
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an old Buddy that lives in Anchorage that has a 6.5 Rem. Mag that he purchased as well as a 350 Rem. Mag.They are 90% and BDLs. Any idea on price. He needs to sell as he is just prospecting now.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About $100 apiece, but...I will pay the shipping. dancing

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hold out for 200 each - he's got it - i just gave it to him

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I would watch the gun auctions to see what people are actually paying for these guns.
That way you see the realistic value.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
He needs to sell as he is just prospecting now.

I always thought that would be fun...

I agree with D Humbarger. But then he may also hit the mother load and wished he hadnt got rid of them!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, What I have found that a total of 1500 were built. It was introduced in 1969 and didn't appear after 1973. Must have been short lived.
I don't know about gold, but he showed me 2 quart fruitjars of gold that he got at his place. Could be 10 yrs work or 6 months, I didn't ask.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 quarts of gold is would be worth almost exactly $1,000,000.00 as of tonights close.
Why isn't he selling some of that gold instead of his guns?

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Around here, those rifles would bring between $350-$400 each.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In view of todays economy, US and world, I would keep the gold.

Butch, how in the world did you meet this fellow? Did you ask him if he would give you some lessons in prospecting?

Seriously I have a large quanity of new 350 Rem brass if anyone is interested.

Craftsman

Posts: 1545 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lived in Anchorage in the 70s. He was one of my Buds. I'm not a gold person, but I know what a quart size fruit jar is.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm betting it took him a fair amount of Panning or Sluicing to accumulate that quantity of Gold .

An I'd venture to say a Crap load of sifted Tailing to boot or an Extremely large quantity

of virgin material removed an moved !. http://www.keeneeng.com/ tu2

When I was younger an full of it I ran a Dredge with a Hookah an a dry suit as the water was

dam cold . Trout and Steelhead swam in it I didn't own a thermometer !. Gold was $ 35.00 - 41.00 an ounce !

We starved too death !. Now days It would beat my pension !!!.

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifle is sold.
Butch