New
Find
Notify
Tools

.577 Snider chamber reamer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone here have a used chamber finishing reamer in calibre .577 Snider that they will sell or even rent? The chamber rental outfits will not ship to Canada. A new one, with exchange on the dollar, shipping, and import duty, would cost well over $300 CDN, landed on my doorstep!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming that the reason they wont ship to Canada is due to the need for an Export license to ship firearms related items out of the country. An individual would face possible jail time if caught sending something internationally without using the proper channels. Unfortunately, that's the times we live in.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the attorney gen; whose name I refuse to remember. He is in the same boat.
I would turn and grind my own reamer if I lived in canada; make is a half moon reamer, or start with a bigger 5 or 6 flute chucking reamer and grind it to size.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ron, have you checked with the lads here?
http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/
Lots of Canadians post here, and many shoot Sniders. There's an annual shoot in Alberta where I'll bet you could get a hand off.
By the way, what barrel are you using?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16646 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Or PM Speerchucker. His shop is in Edmonton.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found a reamer today. Please ignore the above.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote