Notify
Tools

Re: PH Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted
z1r,

The references I have report the action was made in the Spanish Santa Barbara factory since the P-H actions, bolts & triggers are identical to those produced there (and so marked).

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Z1R,

The way I heard it is that PH had these made for them by more than one manufacturer. I believe the earliest examples were made from FN receivers and later ones made by others including Zastava and Santa Barbara.

I couldn't really tell you how to identify yours or evenif what I heard is true.

The only other tid bit I seem to remember is that triggers may or may not be interchangable with a 98.

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
That Parker Hale is a fine gun....and in .30-06.....what was the price?

PH later made guns from springfield actions.....the mausers was works of art compared to the springfields IMO.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
$435 was the price. A steal really when you consider the junk those other two actions only were. The PH had what at one time was a military triggerguard. It looks like the just pressed some plugs into where the locking screws used to reside. It even had what I assume to be the original sling as it too was marked Parker Hale.

Is this guy nuts or did I stumble onto the deal of the century??

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976379542.htm

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
What can you all tell me about a Parker Hale Mauser I saw today. It was marked Safari Delux in cal .30-06. It had an FN left side safety, thumb cut, no charger hump but did have the guide. My guess is it was an FN action. Was D&T'd but had iron sights.

Pretty decent rifle for what the shop was asking. They are so out of touch with reality. They also had a couple of other FN actions one, a JC higgins 50 action & triggerguad and were asking $350, the other was 1948 Marked FN, no "c" ring but someone had D&T'd it and just eyeballing it you could see all holes were off center. Worst part was they were already 8x40.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote