THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Place to take parts from a Bortmus/Voere rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dad's favorite rifle, at one time, was a custom Bortmus rifle, built on a W. German Voere action in the late 70s/early 80s. Unfortunately, a cousin "borrowed" it for awhile, and the trigger mechanism is highly corroded. I've posted pics on here before, and sent some to Voere (now in Austria) and no one had any info.

Is there a show I could take it to? If I could at least get some blueprints, I could have one of the local machine shops make any needed parts.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is any help, but Kleinguenther rifles were once (and may still be) built on Voere actions. You might find the parts listed as Kleinguenther parts. Try these guys:
KDF, Inc.
2485 N State Highway 46
Seguin, TX 78155
(830) 379-8141

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You, I might try and make a run down there next week.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote