Notify
Tools

Ruger to a Taylor questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted
Looking for a few ideas here.

I have a LH Ruger Mark II in 7 RM, I bought this Rifle a few yrs ago with an idea, that idea has turned into a brand new gun, so now I sit with this Rifle.

I have pretty much narrowed it down to being redone in a .416 Taylor

What all needs to be done to the Ruger to make it DG worthy? (after market parts etc. etc.)

Note: The trigger has been done, and it has been bedded already.

Thanx in advance.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
What all needs to be done to the Ruger to make it DG worthy?

Check and fine tune the feeding if necessary. Then take it hunting

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I converted a 338W Ruger to 416T a few years ago. I had an H S Precision stock and used it after the wooden Ruger stock split at the recoil lug. That's an area I would strengthen before it caused problems. A good peep sight is handy too, or a steady supply of good scopes. Big Grin

Harry
"Some days the sun doesn't shine and the sky ain't blue" that is what the second barrel is for

DRSS
http://www.twinxblades.com/

Posts: 62 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mathsr:
I converted a 338W Ruger to 416T a few years ago. I had an H S Precision stock and used it after the wooden Ruger stock split at the recoil lug. That's an area I would strengthen before it caused problems. A good peep sight is handy too, or a steady supply of good scopes. Big Grin

I did trhe same thing using a Ruger 77, only I went with the .375 Taylor. The stock split as you described not only at the recoil lug but along the magazine cut out into tang area.
I put the gun into an (UGH!) ramline I had laying a round and it's been fine ever since. Ugly a sin but it works. thumb
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote