Find
Notify
Tools

Craftsmen
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Just spent a pleasurable few hours with a true craftsman, Jerry Easley of J E Custom, near my house. He wanted to visit about and start our rebarrel project, since the Lilja barrel will soon arrive. I got to watch him and another 'smith friend of Jerry's doing final fitting of his barrel-to-action, see the process of cutting a chamber for yet another project, and hear about past designs. Along with hearing about his Assassin muzzle brake(s), Jerry retold his development of the .416 BUFF round and rifle referred to in this thread by Shinzo

What a pleasure!! You all rock, and as a bystander (as with taxidermist artists) all I can say is it must be nice to enjoy expertise.

Barry

Posts: 4865 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Getting mighty close -- fun watching it all happen. (Be glad y'all don't live near my house, LOL.) Fortunately for me, my 'smiths like to talk.

Posts: 4865 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Factory load grouping says it's a winner! Did recommended break-in yesterday, then snuck a group in today. Box says 3100 fps and ProChrony said 3197 yesterday -- 26" and tight!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is one nice looking rifle.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post