New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Drop Magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make a drop magazine such as Sunny Hill for a M77 MII standard length action.

Thanks, Don

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Simply an extended floor plate like WR or Rigby used, that would add one extra round would be a huge improvement.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kcstott designed one and will make them on order. There should be thread with pictures here somewhere.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
Simply an extended floor plate like WR or Rigby used, that would add one extra round would be a huge improvement.

We would like to accomodate..and have been asked, but to program is a major committment and.......well...the numbers just ain't there!...It isn't " simply an extended...etc"

The Ruger is "what it is" It is not what dreams are made of... Mauser...M-70 we're good to go!

Hell..years ago, Blackburn tooled up for the Ruger and...years later was happy to see the last part go down the road.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Viperidae,
Thankyou for that. I looked it up at it looks interesting enough that I might give one a try.

Reminds me of an old picture I saw of a 500 Jeffery with a very similar extended magazine.
http://www.klstottlemyer.com/k...Pocket_Plate.html#14

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Yeah I just got through making one for a guy to get three down in a .585 Huble express.

Duane you know more about this stuff then I do but all I did was extrude the floor plate down. Calculated the depth and had the customer try it.

I don't have a full three axis CNC but with some creative fixturing it was easy on my old Bridgeport. Just took forever.

When I get some time here I'm going to run a batch of five or ten and see how they sell. To be honest there was a little interest but very little of that was serious.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
...all I did was extrude the floor plate down. Calculated the depth and had the customer try it.

That is really sweet! Being that it is a drop magazine that would not require restocking, I think something like this for the model 70 .375 would sell quite well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I think something like this for the model 70 .375 would sell quite well.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Wiebe who posted earlier does make a new box that allows this.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I know of a few Alaskan guides who would love this mod for their M-77 375 Rugers. And there are an awful lot of M-77's in the state.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote