New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help needed with a Remington 740...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've picked up an old beat up Remmie 740 Woodsmaster in .30-06 and just wanted to know if there is any way i can de-activate it and make it fire in single-shot mode without the bolt cycling? Also, is there any sort of "shell deflector" for the empties? it doesnt really throw spent shells too far, but it'd be great if they'd fall a little closer Smiler

any help would be appreciated cheers

One shot..meat! Two shots...maybe...Three shots...heap shit! - Old Indian adage

Posts: 137 | Location: Pune, IN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z375:
I've picked up an old beat up Remmie 740 Woodsmaster in .30-06 and just wanted to know if there is any way i can de-activate it and make it fire in single-shot mode without the bolt cycling? Also, is there any sort of "shell deflector" for the empties? it doesnt really throw spent shells too far, but it'd be great if they'd fall a little closer Smiler

any help would be appreciated cheers

Couldn't find yourself a bolt action??? Big Grin

The only way to effectively do what you ask is to block the flow of gas through the "gas block" which is located under the forearm. There is a small set screw "orifice screw" in the block that allows access to the actual port. You would need to come up with something that you could thread into the block to "block" the gas flow. If you make it a single shot, you shouldn't need a shell deflector.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
easy.
load one round.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
z375,

Ahalman's in Morristown, MN can convert it to a pump. Thanks...Bill.

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Link to Ahlman's Rifle Work Price List

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote