Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser, 30/06 Extra Deep Bottm Metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
CNC Specialty Products

We have Mauser 30/06 extra deep bottom metal in stock.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
P.O. Box 369 / 50 East 100 North
Levan, UT 84639
Phone: 801-691-8152
Email: maggie@cncspecialtyproducts.com
http://cncspecialtyproducts.com/

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have been peppering the forum with your new sales technique, so maybe you can fill us in on your business model-is it also new, or is it the way you have always run it? What I am wondering about is your delivery time. Blackburn Machine has held up many, many, many custom gun projects over the past few years. For years there have been tales of woe where guys could not proceed with a custom rifle because the “in about two weeks” turned out to be over 2 years at times. Funny thing though, money was often (usually?) taken at the time of order.

I know for a fact that you have been aware of the impact on many projects and how folks on this forum were left in the dark and left waiting on your product. I know this because I spoke to you (Maggie) personally about this several years ago. I think it would have been about early ’05. I was on the phone with you to see if my order would actually get filled before I died and wound up canceling. I did not see you come onto the forum at that time and try to give us better estimates of when the product would actually be delivered.

This is your old way of doing business and is well established, with long delays in delivery being experienced by many. Now that you have come up with a new marketing plan, will there be a corresponding change business practice, namely delivery of your product? Every time I read your latest post about a model of bottom metal is in stock or soon will be, I wonder what my experience would be different if I ordered now.

I do want to say that I am not trying to stir anything up with this post. I am sincerely asking a question so I will have more information the next time I need to buy bottom metal. In the past you ignored this forum and our problems caused by late delivery by Blackburn, but you have now changed your tactics. I am interested in hearing about other changes you have made in your business. For now, I will be buying Wiebe bottom metal. If Blackburn changes the business model and are able to deliver in a timely manner, as well as more accurately estimating delivery, then I would be open to buying it again. This can only occur after I have consistently witnessed friends and others actually receive Blackburn products roughly when it was promised.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do want to say that I am not trying to stir anything up with this post.

bull

The best way to get information the next time you want to buy bottom metal is to pick up the phone and see if it is available. And if its not, buy it from another vendor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be buying Wiebe bottom metal, and ONLY Wiebe bottom metal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

To answer some of your questions.

I am the first person to say we have had a lot of problems with delivery times. You know this because like you said I talk to you about it. And yes we are trying to fix that.

Believe it or not this is the first time I have ever gone to any kind of “Form”. I joined this form because a friend ( Kevin Kolosky) told me that I should. So that should answer your question about why I did not come on this form and try to give you better estimates of delivery times.

As to your statement (Funny thing though, money was often (usually?) taken at the time of order.) You have no idea what went on between me and my other customers. I am not saying we did not take money upfront on some orders.
And I know the order were late sometimes. But I did not take money upfront without talking to the customer.
If you read my post it says we will ship COD or open account.

I have been posting item on this form to let people know when we have something new ready to sale. I have also delivered on every order I have taken, or told the customer when I will ship. If we do not deliver the item that I have posted, I hope people will post on the form. But I also hope people will post when we have delivered.

As for you saying this is our old way of doing business. I am sorry but you are wrong. I have never posted item for sale on any form. And I have not posted items we do not have in stock or almost ready to ship. I guess the only way you or anyone else for that matter will know if your experience will be different is to just wait and see.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
P.O. Box 369 / 50 East 100 North
Levan, UT 84639
Phone: 801-691-8152
Email: maggie@cncspecialtyproducts.com
http://cncspecialtyproducts.com/

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone want to guess who Kevin is?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim

No need to guess. Everyone knows who I am. And everyone knows that I have been to Blackburn's on numerous occasions because I happen to like Ted and Maggie, and they, unlike some other gunsmiths I know, are happy to allow me to stand quietly in their shop and watch them do their magic.

This isn't about me.

And there is alot more to the story that is not for me to tell.

The point is that Ted is back to making the stuff that everyone has used for many years, and Maggie is running the business end of it, and their products are now somewhat available again. Competition is good. Choice of products is good. But the choice won't be there and the products won't be there unless People know about them and buy them.

The way I see it Maggie has just as much right to come on here and tell everyone about her products as much as you do to come on here and tell everyone about your products.

Kevin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marc: Been down that road too...but !... If you have need of an extra deep 06 box, you might try the COD thing. This version is way off for us..By the way, the Enfield special is being cranked out as I write this...realistically, we are driving the machine shop guys crazy with all the different versions.

Soon, I'd like to do a little poll: The guard is first profiled, not tapered or crowned. I'll be posting photos...many of the guys at the Guild show would like to receive them in the "rough" stage to do their own file work...I hope to get feed back about this option! seeya!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote