Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New toy and 17cal barrel maker ?s
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Jeff,

Will call Sisk. As far as groups go, I really do not WANT it to shoot. I have a 223 for my Encore that will print in the .290-.300's consistantly.

Just want a 17.

Kyle

Posts: 212 | Location: Forney TX | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Charlie Sisk could probably do it .. Outside Houston...

your pacnor price includes mounting the barrel and bluing I assume

as for the groups... try wipeout before replacing the barrel.. and if that doesn't work, try a 223 reamer to clean up the throat

jeffe

Posts: 39706 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bohica,

Not sure of the wood the stock is made of. I bought the the rifle mainly because of the stock. It fits me VERY well. Not sure who did all the work but it is beautiful. The bedding will need some work and I started on it last night.

As of right now, i am leaning towards Lawrence Rifle Barrrels or Pac-Nor and having them do it all. Barrel, contour, chamber, thread, true the action, lap the lugs, and fit it to the action.

Pac-Nor $515 12 weeks and Lawrence $600 8 weeks.

Called about having a DFW smith do it but have not found one that I am thoroughly impressed with. My normal smith is more hunting related than shooting for TINY litte groups and he does not have ANY 17cal reamer. I prefer someone with experience.

Kyle

Posts: 212 | Location: Forney TX | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Redman-
Boy that rifle looks familar. I think it`s a Koa stock? I just did a 17/222 for a customer on a 700 and used a Shilen barrel and it shoots like there`s no tomorrow. Got the dies cheap on EBay for him for 22.00. What a deal. Good luck with a sweet little 600.

Aloha, Mark[in Or]

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote