New
Find
Notify
Tools

RUGER #1 TRIGGER
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
need advice from the pros here. wanna replace a stock stock trigger on a #1 in 30-06 with an adjustable one. someone on ROCS told me it would take about an hour. i think that would depend on skill and knowledge/experience level. tom guided me thru installing a rem 700 trigger not too long ago. hope its not much harder than that. thanks

Posts: 1546 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jard makes the best that I've used, and, yes, they take about an hour to install for someone that is familiar with a #1. Probably more like 1.5 for a first timer.

Their instructions are decent, but don't have pictures. Having a parts blowup of the Ruger #1 is good to ID each pin and part as you go. It is more involved than a Rem 700 trigger swap.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ill second the Jard recommendation. I just bought 4 of them. Installed one. Not too hard. Easier with small hands.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have pictorial of #1 disasembly if you need it. PM if needed.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 1546 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got a JARD on the way. thanks all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jard is an excellent replacement. If u get one I would not follow their install instructions, which involve driving out the hammer block
safety bar pivot pin. That pin would not budge on my rifle and others have reported the same situation.

Instead remove the breechblock (there are videos on how to do this). You can then insert the trigger without having to drive out the pivot pin.

Note: I wrote to Jard about this but they have not changed the installation instructions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjmci:
Jard is an excellent replacement. If u get one I would not follow their install instructions, which involve driving out the hammer block
safety bar pivot pin. That pin would not budge on my rifle and others have reported the same situation.

Instead remove the breechblock (there are videos on how to do this). You can then insert the trigger without having to drive out the pivot pin.

Note: I wrote to Jard about this but they have not changed the installation instructions.

uh oh. that don't sound good!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That pin does need to be removed You need to support the action frame in order to remove it!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Kobe installed a Jard in my #1. Works great.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
That pin does need to be removed You need to support the action frame in order to remove it!

believe me, it doesn't. i pounded on that damn pin like a rented mule and it wouldn't budge. i called JARD, talked to DEAN, he switched me over to KENT, who developed a way to get the trigger in 30 seconds WITHOUT taking that damn pin out. not pinned etc, but in place. he also has taken pics of how to do it and emailed em to me as he walked me through it. rifle is now reassembled and has a great trigger. super nice guy.if anyone wants the pics he sent me PM me and i'll fwd em to you.