THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need a gunsmith to tackle problems with a Remington 11-48

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a gunsmith to tackle problems with a Remington 11-48
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have this shotgun in .410. It has 2 problems. (1) Ejection of slug shell hangs up in port. (2) Slam-fires with shot-shells as reported to me by local smith .......he loaded shotshells, cocked it....and when trigger was pulled ....all the shells automatically loaded and fired in the chamber....then ejected.
HELP!!!
....will send anywhere for repair.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd send it back to Remington, if it was mine.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
It's a 11/48. Must be at least 50 years old. Remy will not touch it. Hang it on the wall, appreciate it & buy a new auto shotgun.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hang it on the wall, appreciate it & buy a new auto shotgun.[/QUOTE]

NONONONO
and absolutely knodt!

A good thing happened. An AR member has offered to undertake the job.
Thanks to all.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midwest Gun Works in Missouri was recommended to me by Browning to reblue and update an A5. They probably can resolve your 11-48 problem. Call or email to see what they say.

I have a 60 year old 11-48 and would not hesitate to get it repaired.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Try "Toomany tools" on this forum. He has done some very nice shotgun work for me.

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have sent it off to an AR gentleman .... well respected in this forum, who sent me a PM expressing willingness to tackle the project.
THANK YOU ALL!!