THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Left Handed Stainless .325 WSM Bolt Action WHERE??

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Handed Stainless .325 WSM Bolt Action WHERE??
 Login/Join

posted
I have been searching trying to find a .325 WSM Left Handed Rifle with no results. I would prefer stainless and something lite. Do not like the Browning products. Any suggestions would be great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Montana Rifle people in the ?Kalispel? region of Montana make left handed, short action Winchester M70 clones in both Chrome Moly and stainless steel. They also make a variety of barrels, including those chambered for the WSMs.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some options are a MRC or other custom manufactor. Even though I love ss rifles I been informed some of the coatings are even more effective than stainless against rust. A ss barreled action from MRC will cost $900 and then add $450 for a McMillan stock unless you can find one off the CZ that is no longer made. But the MRC's are a very heavy choice for a short action. Another option is to buy a blued LH Win 70 in an existing short magnum then have it rebarreled and plated. Costs are $700 for the rifle (if you can find one), 400-500 for the rebarrel, and 300-400 for the plating.
Last option that I am aware of is to buy a stainless Savage (500) in one of the short mags and have it rebarreled (400-500). But the Savages only hold two down.
Or you could just buy a 300 WSM in any number of rilfes and be happy with it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Last option that I am aware of is to buy a stainless Savage (500) in one of the short mags and have it rebarreled (400-500). But the Savages only hold two down.
Or you could just buy a 300 WSM in any number of rilfes and be happy with it.

You can rebarrel a savage yourself, it is quite easy. All you really need is a vise with wood inserts to hold the barrel and the wrench fur the barrel nut and a sized cartridge case to do it. The tupperware stock that savage sells is terrible...

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote