New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finishing a small part
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought the NECG rear peep sight along with a white bead front sight post for my CZ550.
CZ front sight

The front sight post required a little final fitting to fit in the dovetail completely/properly.

What is the best way to finish off the now bare metal surfaces of the post where I had to hit them with a file?

Posts: 257 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you worked on the bottom of the dovetail, there would not have been any visible damage

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was the side surfaces of the sight post. It was slightly too wide to fit in the dovetail slot.

The bare metal is not visible when installed, but my concern is rust... especially if it rusts in place and won't come back out.

Is gun oil enough protection in this case?

Posts: 257 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Cold blue it, then use oil on it, wipe off the excess and install it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote