New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warne rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just ordered a set of warne rings to try them out. $23 at midsouth. Soon as work pics up ill get a couple pairs of talleys.

What do you guys think of warnes ?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I like mine although I really haven't used them hard. I have a set of the Maxima QD's on a Whitworth .375. I have taken it on one hog hunt. No problems. I also have them on a .35 Whelen but have yet to use it on anything put paper.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 4 sets of permanent Maxima rings and have found them very good . The black models are powder coated which is OK on a standard factory sporter but would look out of place on a high quality firearm .
Like all vertically split rings they are a bit fiddly if shifting scopes around regularly .
Seem very strong and hold zero well .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried them on one rifle to see if they would live up to their advertisement, they did. I now have them on 8 rifles and love them. Shy of going to a tactical ring I dont know how you could find a stronger set up. How about the price for the return? Nice to still be able to find a bargain.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Warnes are powder coated ?? Tell me its not so!

I ordered the permanant matte rings.

What coating is on luepold matte rings and bases?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Warnes are powder coated ?? Tell me its not so!

Well I installed the QD on my whitworth. The matte on the rings didn't match the bases. I called them up. The base was bead blasted steel and blued and just needed more oil to make it less gray. What I understood from talking to them was the rings are stainless and then powdercoated. The matte look great on a matte scope. I have never looked close at the gloss.

My leupold rings look blued.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Mine are gloss. I don't know how they did it. I just know I like it.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote