THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    want to have rifle rechambered ,any suggestions???

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

want to have rifle rechambered ,any suggestions???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dholepuncher
posted
Recieving a remington 7mm-08 remington light varmit rifle.I want it rechambered to 7mm-08 ackley improved. I also want to be able to reach the lands ,back off 15 thsnds,and be able to fit cartridge in blind magazine( Most likely the magazine will have to be modified, a larger one installed and half the screw hole covered when done). Plan to shoot 140 nolsers ballistic tips and hornady 139 interbonds(the plastic tip add 50 ths to the length)also want the j lok removed and another firing assembly installed.also probably should have the action blueprinted as well. jcrawley@cox.net

if i am missing something please tell me.

Posts: 623 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might want to consider a 284 as the dies would be less and the performance higher than that of a 7-08 AI.

John

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dholepuncher
posted Hide Post
i like this rifle and it will shoot a 140, 3000 fps. that is all i am after. plus wont use much more than 50 grains to do so .

Posts: 623 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,
I never did get those pics that you were going to send. I'll be gone through Sunday for Thanksgiving and hunting. If you find them we can talk on Monday.

Posts: 167 | Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dholepuncher
posted Hide Post
i think i have sent all pics to everyone ,if not i also posted them on the ad.