New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stevens Favorite
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Stevens Favorite that had a stock cut to 11" then a piece added back to 13.25". Does anyone know what the original length was? Anyone know where I can find a front sight blade? Thanks...another project under way.

Jim

Posts: 1210 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one and will measure it for you.

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact John Kubacka in Irving,Texas.
kubacka@earthlink.net John has a lot of Steven's parts. He is very reasonable, but almost deaf. If you get his phone number, converse with his wife and she can yell at him.

He had the barrel and sights for this rifle. They were NOS.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks SRose and Butch. I hope mine will turn out as well as yours.

Jim

Posts: 1210 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The LOP on mine is 12.5 inches and in original.

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, really seems short. I suppose they were made for kids.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John may have some NOS stocks. They are little rifles. Mine was manufactured in 1898 and people were a lot smaller then.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch, I have a piece of wood I may have turned. I believe I have an 1898 version ALS based on the extractor. Still researching. I have had this rifle since 1971. Cost me $15. A lot on an Lt. Salary!

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe I mentioned the one I posted was my very best friend's great grandfather's rifle. He gave it to me about 15-20 years ago. I had it fixed up and gave it to him as a surprise. It was a 25 cal rimfire originally. Wisners had the parts necessary to make it a 22RF. John Kubacka had an original unused barrel and sights. Have you checked Wisner's website for parts?