Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got my stuff back from Bill Soverns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Well I finally got my stuff back.....and in top condition.

It had been so long I forgot what he had:

1. G33/40 with Argentine bottom metal, hollowed out- engraved bolt handle and set triggers. Walther Lothar barrel in .270 Win. All the metal done by none other than the Mauser guru himself J. Belk (ain't that a blast from the past- oughta tell you how long it's been gone- LOL)

2. Pre War Mod 70 long action in 300 Win with Krieger barrel, Blackburn bottom metal and custom bases for Conetrol rings done by Jim DuBell.

3. Inletted but not shaped piece of english I bought from Steve Heilman for the G33/40.

4. Beautiful nice & heavy piece of paradox for the mod. 70

5. Zeiss and Swarovski scopes.

All the metal is in the white and flawless. Only thing missing was one of the action screws for the mod 70.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1444 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you got your stuff

2 rifles to stock ? He Had the work to make some good money but would not do the work...very strange?

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Bill Soverns, in my opinion, went off the reservation, BIG TIME.

I got my stuff back, but it was FUCKED! It was salvaged, but he had ZERO respect for other people's property. Glad you go yours back in good condition; I doubt others will have a similar experience.

Good riddence to him from the custom gun field.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote