New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need HVA bottom metal...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
....anyone have one for sale? My Husky has the el cheapo pot metal, and was cracked when I bought the action as a donor. Pulled the trashed '06 barrel, and now it's a 6.5x55 Swede. Would like to find bottom metal, and stock it.

Thanks,

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Husky 1600?

Those are rare, not as rare as hens teth but still, would uou like me to look around here in Sweden?

Best regards Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Really appreciate the offer! I'm not sure about the ins and outs of importing gun parts, should you happen to find one? If it's kosher, I'd be all for it. Another option is, the action screw spacing is the same as a 98 Mauser, and if all else fails, I should be able to modify 98 metal to fit. Or, make it a blind magazine, with a nice shotgun style trigger gaurd...

Jeff

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Metal found! Thanks l-n-b, and thanks to Chris for the offer to look in Sweden!

Jeff

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Gunsamith Steve Berg built my custom HVA and he used standard FN bottom metal and said it was an easy fit. It sure looks better than the cast aluminum metal from the factory.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4207 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil,

There's a name from the past! My buddy bumped into Steve at a gunshow in Minn, last year. I do miss his shop on Turpin. Always had some cool stuff lying around.

Thanks for the info on the FN bottom metal. Hope you had a good spring!

Jeff