New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lever Action?
 Login/Join

<Dave>
posted
Can anyone recommend a gunsmith who specializes in lever action? I have not yet decided between a Marlin or Winchester. I have an old 94, but don't want to modify it. Has anyone built a custom lever? What did you do to it and how did it shoot?

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
I built a custom 45-70 on a late 1886 Winchester Action. Douglas Premium Barrel full octagon Full tube mag. (Heavy Heavy Heavy) Custom walnut stock with long length of pull for my long arms. 3.5 lb trigger. The first two shots this gun fired were one ragged hole. The third made the group an inch. That was with Remington Factory 405's. The 1886 is among the strongest of levers (in the later serial #s) I have loaded it to levels I'm afraid to post. It shoots like a dream.
The gunsmith has now semi-retired does only jobs he feels like doing.

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Brockman, Gooding Idaho, 208-326-4120 specializes in Lever guns and I guarentee you they will shoot little tiny groups...He has it all down to a science...

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Dave>
posted
Thanks fellas! One of these places will work out.

<Mike Anderson>
posted
I'll 2nd that. I have seen some of Jim Brockman's work, it is very nice!