THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    barrel interchangeability re; Rem mod. 7, xp100, 700

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

barrel interchangeability re; Rem mod. 7, xp100, 700
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted
Are barrels from a Model 7 threaded identical to the Xp-100?

Is the Model 7 the same as a 700?

Thanks.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto the 600/660 and 40X. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Thanks as I am thinking of making a shorter lighter 6BR on my Model 7, 7BR set up and wondered if someone might want the barrel to go on an XP100 or 700 if they wanted a 7BR rifle or pistol. My current 6BR Ruger #1 is great for stand hunting, sand bags, and would do great on prairie dogs with it's weight, but I want a handier rig and considered changing bbls.

Thing is that 7BR shoots a 120 at 2870 fps, w/in 200 of my 708 so I may be cheaper to spend the barrel money on bullets than another bbl. It is very 'deer capable' now have done a few in with lesser loads.

Bluetick, know of a guy in Dunn area by the name of Alvin? We worked for bullet maker David Hammett once. Did alot of shooting in Rayville with him long ago, knows more than anyone I met about guns have shot many many various rifles/pistols etc. Seems he has a machine shop and had gotten into high end PCP airguns at one time. My ex is from Pioneer, so I used to throw some lead out that way, from guns and a fishing rod. Had some memories there for sure. You may know a guy in your town (small I know) also, a builder, tall man, nice collection, cannot recall his name but he had a large operation and built a hotel near the mall in Monroe, went elk hunting with him long ago. He lived not far off the highway heading to Darnell off to the left in a neighborhood, loved guns.

BTW, bluetick, I like CRF actions, but I cannot recall when I needed to shoot upside down Smiler

I have more concern with a bolt braze failure and extractor, than feed problems. I do believe I cycled ammo upside down once in past, and it worked, as you don't do it in slow motion.

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
I know Hammett but not to well. I think David Christman does work for him from time to time.
I don't reckon I know the other two guys.

The whole upside down thing is a joke of sorts. the question or comment kept coming up a few years ago on here, so I took every pf out of my safe and sure enough they all feed fine up side down. So now I know that every one who asks the question probably dosn't know them selfs. The other thing is who realy cares. The other part of the joke is most folks don't realize what the real advantage of a a crf is. I like 'em both.

To bad you can't put he little smiley thingys on your tag line. so I added some more ? marks. People use to know why I had it on my tag line, but there has been lots of new faces over the last couple years.

By the way there is no doubt some of the best fishing in the country is in this area. thumb

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Ok, was confused, thought you were the gunsmith on thelink, apologize, yeah been here awhile on AR but not often on the gunsmith section.

Thanks. PF or CRF, pros and cons said of each, I do like a fixed ejector and miss my L579 sako, not CRF per traditionalist, but IMHO a nice action. Wish I could get a New stainless L579, never existed to my knowledge. A good blue could be coated though, sure are smooth.

Do have to say my M70 SS FWT 6.5x55 I had was a very smooth action also, expecting production again next year perhaps of the M70.