Tools

Scope mounts on a 98 Mauser with charging humps
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
I've always done them with a grinder and files just because I can probably do two in the time it takes to set up the mill. Now, for Enfields, I use the mill to avoid blisters! Regards, Bill

Its pulling off the vise and setting up the rotary's that kills you. And vise versa. I finally dedicated a small 9 x32 inch column mill to just making muzzle brakes. I put a small dividing head and tailstock on it and set it up and it hasn't moved from that setup in over 5-1/2 years and it never will. I would like to have a second 9 x 50 knee mill that was set up the same with a spacer and tailstock at each end and a rotary in the center for fluting, octagoning and rotary work like milling those Mausers and making bolt heads and keyways. The only thing that's held me back is space. Of which I am in desperate short supply. If it's already set up and you have the mandrels and jigs made, work like that is as simple as clamping in the workpiece, selecting a cutter and making a mess.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Yes like those and fortunately, I like vertically split rings; look cleaner than the horizontal ones.

Plus 1, but Kalif. folks think different.

Not all of us.
But my blood line runs from east of the tug fork of West Virginia

I'f i could do it all my scoped rifles would have german claw mounts. but i'll take the Talley Kimber or warner rings too

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

I like these Nightforce Direct Mounts, I wish someone would build something like this for a Mauser 98.

Ha!

I just live here. I am a Wyomingite, Arizonan, New Mexican, Montanan, Italian, Spaniard, Australian, Alaskan.

Can do but i have some questions
For 1" scope?? aluminum or steel or stainless

How much do you want to spend?? because a one piece base and integral rings of your choice in height would be around $550 in aluminum or $650 and $750 for steel and stainless as a one off part.

I'm currently working on a 20MOA integral ring and base set for my AR308 I could have bought an Addmount but then I would have to use inserts for a 1" tube. I don't care for inserts. So I'm just going to make two one for me and my brother.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

I like these Nightforce Direct Mounts, I wish someone would build something like this for a Mauser 98.

Ha!

I just live here. I am a Wyomingite, Arizonan, New Mexican, Montanan, Italian, Spaniard, Australian, Alaskan.

Can do but i have some questions
For 1" scope?? aluminum or steel or stainless

How much do you want to spend?? because a one piece base and integral rings of your choice in height would be around $550 in aluminum or $650 and $750 for steel and stainless as a one off part.

I'm currently working on a 20MOA integral ring and base set for my AR308 I could have bought an Addmount but then I would have to use inserts for a 1" tube. I don't care for inserts. So I'm just going to make two one for me and my brother.

Kerry, He won't spend the money.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
And hence the question of how much do you want to spend?

Lots of people get all giddy when they find out I can make custom one off rings and bases.

Then they see how much it's going to cost and leupold don't look to bad anymore

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
KCStott,

You have a PM coming.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote