New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ritterbusch rifles and actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody who knows something about these rifles and actions. They look good.
I asked for a price for a suitable action (magnum mauser) for a 577 Tyrannosaur.
Price was EURO 4460,- for the action..

Posts: 186 | Location: 9750 Honningsvaag, Norway | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
forgot to mention the webadress:
www.jagdgewehre.com

Posts: 186 | Location: 9750 Honningsvaag, Norway | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
Ulrik,

I don�t know anything about the action. The thing is that I just like to inform you that I have made a Norwegian discussion forum similar to AC. www.sluttstykke.com

BTW, a guy in this forum is also interested a 577 T-rex. I think he has his hand on a A-Square Hannibal.

Best Regards
Tom Jacobsen

[ 05-06-2003, 14:48: Message edited by: Tomjac@SluttStykke ]

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
<Per577>
posted
HA,HA,HA !!!

What fun !!
Your actually telling Ulrik that i'm going to buy his rifle. Well,,i have actually had contact with him for the last year. I bought another gun,,and i'm happy to be his "customer".
The man has just the same interest like myself. Hey tomjac,,i have the pseudonym " Optimus Prime ",,,ring any bells ? I could actually snakke norsk n�,,,but i get good practise on my english,,he,he !!
Thanks to Ulrik i get to make the .577 T-rex a reality,,and with the loads he's getting i'm damned impressed. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
Per, and you were telling us (in the Norwegian forum) that you would be the first to have a 577 T-Rex in Norway!! What about Ulrik then? [Razz]

After reading Diesel Dude's 577 N.E story and all other Big Bore discussing lately I also want a �real� Big Bore rifle.

Ulrik, did Dan@MRC return your question regarding T-Rex in the M1999 PH? I can�t find it in the discussions. If its to big, what about 585 Nyati in the same action??

BTW Per, do you hear my bells ringing?

[ 05-06-2003, 15:46: Message edited by: Tomjac@SluttStykke ]

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tomjac-
No, Dan has not responded yet. I am waiting..

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
I have only been able to find .577� Lothar Walter barrel on Internet, are there other make that I should consider? Is it hard to get .577" barrels in Norway? L.W. is German?

Just to be certain, .585 Nyati use a .577 barrel.

<Per577>
posted
Did i say i'm the first to own...?!
Well, Ulrik is the FIRST to own a gun in this caliber in Norway,,and i'm about to "heritage" it.
So that makes two of us..to own...the.577 Tyrannosaur !
Power to the people !! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles. Do they make their own actions?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Nice rifles. Do they make their own actions?

Seems like it, check:
Ritterbusch English Page

If this link does not take you directly to the page outlining the info about actions - click on "systems" - attempted direct translation from German (English "action" = German "System").

Btw, all you Norvegian guys, what is it that makes you all want to build .577 Tyrannosaur rifles?? Do you hunt whales with these things, or is it just something Norvegian about having the "biggest gun in town"?? [Big Grin]

(I should add, I'm a Dane, so it is OK for me to make fun of the Norvegians - the Swedes do it all the time too [Wink] ).

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I want a qualified opinion of the price- EURO 4460,- -isn�t that too much compared with other bestquality magnum mauser actions (Vector, Granite Mountains)????. It seems that the MRC PH action at about 1/10 the price will be a good action. So what can justify a price ten times the PH ???
Robgunbuilder
JBelk
Others ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
That price is high, for any manufacturer. The Johannsen is probably the best, and sells for around $3K. You can have the entire rifle from Heym for $5K.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Johannsen. Pricey but the very highest quality workmanship. �4200 buys a double square bridge magnum mauser action with Mod 70 type safety in TRUE LEFT HAND. All bar stock.

I would be keen to know the price of a LH standard length repro mauser action fron Ritterbusch.

Regards.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Just curious!! What are all of you Norwegian fellows shooting with those .577s?? Are there some remnant populations of saurians in Norway that you are keeping secret? Do you have plesiosaurs in your deep water lakes, or just T. Rex in some of your forests??