Notify
Tools

Choate stock ??
 Login/Join

<paal>
posted
Hi
Need advice from you!
Anybody tried the Choate Ultimate sniper stock??
I want one for my Rem.700 VS Lefthand.
But nobody import this stock to Norway.
So i only senn it on the web.
Is this any good or is it just...BS????
Any answer's would be great...thank's

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of respect for Major Plaster, who is credited with the design of the stock. Knowing his reputation I went ahead and bought the stock for a Rem 700 Varminter in .308 Win.

The stock fit the rifle perfectly. It made a good target stock, had two different cheek pieces and the length of pull can be adjusted by adding or removing spacers. The sling attaches to the side, the accessory rail underneath works well for a bipod. I really liked it for range practice. Shot some excellent groups with it from sandbags, from a bipod, and from sitting and prone positions. It even worked well from the standing position.

Taking it to the field was another experience. It was big, very heavy and made the rifle feel very club like. Never could get used to it. I tried this stock off and on for a couple of years and kept going back to the factory HS Precision varminter stock.

Eventually I made another shooter a good deal on it. Don't know if he likes it or not, but I hope he does. The stock is fairly well made, and has a lot of features usually seen only in very expensive stocks. It just didn't work out for me. Regards, Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
An alternative to the Ultimate Sniper stock is the Ultimate Varminter as fitted to the Savage 12VSS. Although still quite heavy it is lighter and much less bulky than the Sniper version.

I find the 12VSS with the Ultimate Varminter stock to be servicable and effective. I believe the Varminter stock is available for long and short action Remingtons but not sure about lefties.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
<paal>
posted
Thank's guy's

On their web site, it's say that its in lefthand
I got the Rem.VS in cal.22-250 with the H-S Pres stock varmint stock, but i want something else.
Like Choate ultimate sniper stock.

But only in good quality

Thank's for your answers