Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Follower
 Login/Join

posted
Is anyone curently making a .404 follower for a 98 Mauser?

Posts: 7 | Location: Montana  | Registered: 15 July 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I use Ruger 77 followers.
Check Brownells for a mag follower for a 98; they used to sell them. Not sure now.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Wisner used to make a 404 Mauser follower. I have one. He may have some left over from before.
Good luck.
Dave

Posts: 119 | Location: kamiah idaho | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Duane Wiebe was making one or two variations. Maybe the fella that took over his bottom metal making business has some, or maybe Duane has some.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ps4590:
Is anyone curently making a .404 follower for a 98 Mauser?

I presume this is just for cosmetics as the standard follower plate works fine in M98's opened up for the 404 cartridge, well at least mine does, although it has been highly polished to an almost chrome like finish, as has the bolt so feeding the big 404 cartridge from the magazine is as slick as snot.

Posts: 3907 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
THanks for the help.

Posts: 7 | Location: Montana  | Registered: 15 July 2017Reply With Quote