New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look what the cat dragged in!
 Login/Join

<CWG>
posted
Howdy, new to the forum here. Found it by searching for something, which I've forgot when I saw some familiar names-
Happy New Year!

posted Hide Post
Hi Claude! Welcome. This is a great site, and make sure you check out the videos at the main site www.accuratereloading.com (click on 'humor and videos' link, then click on the 'videos' link).

Say, did those LH Zastavas show up yet?

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<CWG>
posted
Hey George- I'll check out the video
NO! those dam LH guns are NOT in the country...Its killing me- I've made up my mind to make the first one into a 221 fireball and lower powered scope i.e. 2-7 compact or similar for walking...its REALLY killing me, the importer keeps putting it further off...august...December...Jan, now its "March"...reminds me of remington and those poly tipped 22 mag bullets a few years ago...
best, CWG

<Don G>
posted
Claude - Welcome!

What part of Ohio?

Don

<500 AHR>
posted
Claude,

I am from Chardon. Welcome to the forum in my opinion it is one of the best. There was a post on the big bore board I think you might find interesting.

Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd E (edited 01-16-2002).]

<CWG>
posted
I'm in North Royalton, just about as far south in Cuyahoga county as you can get.(cleveland)

quote:
Originally posted by Don G:
Claude - Welcome!

What part of Ohio?

Don

<Ozhunter>
posted
Ahh another GGVB user has found THE game hunting site.

For those of you who don't knwo Claude, he is pretty talented stock maker and makes some nice stuff.

Glad to see another member with some real good knowledge to pass on to us plebs

Craig

<Don G>
posted
Claude,

Do you have any good, dense, straight-grain walnut that would stand up to a 458 Lott?

Don

<CWG>
posted
Don, in all honesty- the one huge bore I put a stock on, on shot #22 it cracked the rear tang- mind you this had two cross bolts, three lugs all bedded (500 A&E I think)Until I really figure out what happened, I dont think I'll take on any real large bores. Could be the rear tang area on the CZ mag, just dont know. This was Turkish walnut and I felt my work was flawless- until I find out where it went south I'm avoiding the boomers.

<500 AHR>
posted
Claude,

Any idea what went south on that big gun's stock? Have you had a chance to look it over or anything? I have found in engineering that reviewing failures is the best way to avoid them in the future and to learn what went wrong.
Todd E

[This message has been edited by Todd E (edited 01-16-2002).]

<CWG>
posted
Thats absolutely correct. I'm waiting to hook up with the customer and check it out. Hate failure more than you can imagine. In ten years its the only one I had that failed. Had one fail with a laminate, but the veneers separated.
CWG

<Hunter - DownUnder>
posted
Claude,
Can empethise with you waiting for Zastavas. The shop where I work has ordered some as well (including a few bare actions, one of which I intend to turn into my first big bore)
They take some time but I've heard great things about the quality for the price.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Claude, Thomas B. here----- who will be importing these and whos name will be on them
(Charles Daly---KBI, Stoeger)?

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
<CWG>
posted
The Zastavas will be imported by KBI, but they will called Charles Daly...I want one...

Now....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for them.

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote