Notify
Tools

Weatherby Action wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted
Guys,

A friend has a Weatherby barrel (.300 W'by chambering) and a stock. He's looking for an action to mate it to. Anything out there?

No, I don't know how he ended up with a barrel and a stock. Maybe it was a divorce settlement and she got the rest of it.

Thanks,

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Patrick>
posted
Nice to see a Weatherby post without the rancor. Rifle cranks seem of either love them or hate them, and one pointed at you won't change your mind. I'm on the love side. If your friend has a Mark V wood stock, he should find a used Synthetic model, they are the cheapest Weatherby's and have plastic stocks, and restock with the wood. The barreled action's are all the same.

posted Hide Post
I had seen this on another board:

New Weatherby MkV action with regular magnum and .378 Weatherby magnum bolts. Both bolts complete. Has trigger, trigger guard, magazine, etc.
Was going to build a neat switch-barrel but changed my mind. Sold the stock and original .300 Wby barrel. $725, delivered and insured to an FFL in the 48 states. Thanks for reading.

Contact jmcmunn@nidlink.com

Hope this helps,
George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote