New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own a Rem LVSF
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have one in 22-250 that doesnt shoot real well. Barrel doesn't seem to center properly in stock. Trigger is at 2#s . Was wondering what others may have done to increase accuracy. Would it be acceptable to remove pressure point on each side and glass bed with free float? Would prefer to keep the same stock but not sure what to do. Recommendations appreciated.

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own a 700 Rem. in .220 Swift that is just fantastically accurate. I have shot several 5 shot groups at 100 yds. that were under .2. Mine likes the 40 grain Vmax and Win. 760 the best, the lighter I went the better it got.
It had a "plastic" stock but now wears a a Rem BDL wood stock - pillar bedded and free floated.
Installed a 6oz. trigger, a titanium firing pin & Leupold scope. Just some ideas for you FWTW. --- John303.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 223 and it went from 2" to 1/2" just by removing the pressure pads. I would do that first.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows,this was the type of info I was looking for. Will start by taking out those pressure points and go from there.I would it should get into that 3/4 inch area with some persuasion.

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote