New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timney trigger for Husqvarna
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In the process of sprucing up my old Husqvarna, I ordered a new FN style bolt shroud and Timney # 301 trigger.

I installed the FN # 301 trigger on my action without any problems, and the shroud on the bolt.

The trigger holds and releases the cocking piece just fine, but once the firing pin drops, I cannot open the bolt. I have to pull the trigger to the rear to be able to open the bolt. It seams that the sear and the cocking piece bind and lock the bolt in the closed position.

Would a Timney K98 #302 trigger, or a different cocking piece rectify this problem?

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

TK

"There are three kinds of people in the world. There are wolves and there are sheep. And then there are those who protect the sheep from the wolves....." - Christopher Shields -

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Different cocking piece will solve the problem; you need the FN-style cocking piece with the solid, smooth bottom. The small cutout on the bottom of the early/military cocking piece is allowing the trigger's top sear piece to rise up high enough to engage the bottom/trigger sear piece again, before the bolt can be withdrawn. I've also used silver solder and weldments to fill in this small gap.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had exactly the same problem when I put a 98 cocking piece on my Mark X. For a quick temporary fix I used Acraglas. It was quick, but it's still there, several years later... hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Different cocking piece will solve the problem; you need the FN-style cocking piece with the solid, smooth bottom.

I would be a +1 to that.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That was my thinking as well. Thanks for the input.

"There are three kinds of people in the world. There are wolves and there are sheep. And then there are those who protect the sheep from the wolves....." - Christopher Shields -

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote